A TOTALLY MISLEADING CLAIM
DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR -
SAY NO TO A SMART METER
Once again, unfortunately our government through Smart Energy are engaged in misleading statements in an effect to force through their aim to install smart meters for all households and businesses......but it ain't going to work !!
1. Approximately 4 million smart meters of the first generation were installed- a third of these devices went dumb with a broken display and some did not allow one to change suppliers.
2. In August this year apparently of the 4.6 million next generation of smart meters installed according to official figures 1,700 fail every day.
3. Smart Energy GB claims ....."with millions of pounds of savings that are expected to be passed on through lower bills and energy efficiency"
4. A fifth of households feel pressured into having a smart meter, particularly as the tariffs offered are substantially enhanced as a sop to agree to smart metering.
5. As all the energy companies "have to " promote this obscene device many customers are getting rattled by the constant almost threat that they show have a meter.